Saturday, March 8, 2014

Parka-Match «Speed Dating» with Boys & Girls

Happy "WOMEN" International Day

8th March 2014, Saturday Sunny + Cloudy I'm at Fahrenheit88 : Parkamaya ( 3rd Floor). Why I'm there? Because I'm going meet new friends instead dating guys. This is first time I join this kind event. I guess past few years don't have this kind event or I didn't realise is does have.

How I able join this? HERE is the way.
Write your personal details in card and hang it at Parkamaya trees. 
OR 
PM to Parkamaya FB page 

:. They will help you hang it there. Just simple as that. 

BELOW IS THE INSTRUCTIONS :-
Banner
Tree of Love
After submitted wait for their mail and see whether I'm the lucky girl who got pick up by Parkamaya staff.
Never try, never know!!!

Yoyo!!!
Got selected by them
What I expected is here. First at all, I'm quite nervous and don't know what will happen next. Meeting up with strangers is a big step for me. Parkmaya staff inform I to arrived by 12pm as there are light refreshment before start the event. I come with friend, Chloe to join this event. There are complimentary drinks from Coffee Stain. I got my coffee art from Cappuccino drinks. My friend got nothing as she order a special coffee.
Here you are.
Small cup of Cappuccino.


1.30pm only start the activities instead 12.30pm after the boys came late because of traffic jam. But all guy quite nice but too young. Did not expect young boys came to speed dating party. Hohohoho!!!! Decoration from 3rd Floor, Fahrenheit88.
Lovue, lovue..
Speed-Dating Arrangement
CC: Parkamaya FB album
I'm F7 mean Female number 7. Total have 10 couple, I think. Don't really remember how many couple at there. Is has been a month of this event. I blog it late because waiting Parkamaya upload event pictures. I barely can remember guys name but not girls. I'm a good in memorize person face and name. Why not mobile number? Because too many digit, I just remember family and BFF number.

Person in charge give introduction to everyone on how to play the games. There are some cards at table, love stickers, scoreboard to every participant and 2 small mineral bottles.
Instruction of games
Let start the games. I guess will describe in pictures instead writing everything without picture.
DANG, DANG, DANG!!!!
RING, RING, RING!!!
KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!!!
ANYBODY HOME?
I WANT FIND XX / XX

BOY
1. Patric                              6. Johnson
2. Shawn                            7. Timothy
3. Ethan                              8. Faruez
4. Jonathon                         9. Steven
5. Chee Shung                  10. Keagan

Boys checking out their table following by their number.
And check out who is the girl who partner with them on first.
Please be seated.
Ceremony will start after 5 minutes. Not a tea ceremony just girls and boys time to chit-chat.
Given 5 minutes to chat but I felt too little times. Parkamaya management next time give everyone more time to chat. Choosing 4/5 card have ended 5 minutes introduction. So sad (T.T)
Choosing card with all the question.
Examples:
1. Do you prefer true love or $10,000 million?
2. What insects you don't want them to extinct?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. You prefer Rewind or Pause for your life, why?
5. State FIVE important things in your life.
6. Do you prefer quiet life or adventure?
7. If you got super power, which power you want?
8. If you going find a home, where is the place?
Time to answer the question. Sharing is caring.
Name of the girl : Suzie (Ms Congeniality)
So "gan cheong" to chit-chat with him. Just kidding..
Her name is Cat. My new friend from Parka-Match.
Writing down girls name in scoreboard. In scoreboard, they got 4 small box.
1. He/She not my type
2. He/She okay
3. It's Fun
4. I found my Perfect Match
Continue to chit-chat. Saw what behind his back. Is LOVE stickers given by girls. But boys also have. If he/she give you good impression, give the stickers.
Name of this boy : Keagan Fang (my new friend too) (^.^)
LOVUE stickers
That me...
Is he my first guy same number and table. I given him a sticker
after each 5 minute date. He quite funny and nice guy. He kinda coming with a good looking hair style. Hohohoho!!!
Name of guy : Patric
Sticking the remaining hearts on their favorites.
As don't know who going be MR & MS CONGENIALITY
.
Girls time.. Guys be patience.
Name of guy who looking to red clothes girl : Ethan
Counting the total amount of hearts they have at back.
Quiz games for every couple. They want choose who is most compatible couple.
As what I have calculate, there are 6 couple. I not in there but later on I'll be there.
I'm in the games too. Hohohoho!!!!
How this games play?

Emcee will ask a question either to he/she. Then one of them need to answer. Total got 5 questions. The most accurate and will win away the Romantic dining, Gold class tickets, Parkamaya voucher, Soldier soft toy.
TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE WINNERS OF PARKA-MATCH...
POP, POP, POP!!! *HEART BEAT*

Dang, dang, dang!!!!
Result :-
Grand Prize : Timothy + Choy Peng
2nd Prize : Ethan + xxx (sorry I can't remember)
3rd Prize : Shawn + Sherry
4th Prize : Keagan + Cat
5th Prize : Jonathan + xxx
(sorry I can't remember)
MR & MS CONGENIALITY
LUI CHEE SHUNG
+
SUZIE
(I don't know spell correct or not your name)
Prize
That's was full story of speed dating. End at 4.30pm with a group picture. Nevertheless, I feel happy that know some of new friends. Hope Parkamaya management can improve more in conducting the event. I guess is still new to everyone. And this is my FIRST experience of speed dating. Don't scared about it. Was not like old times, blind date. No one force to get married or date someone. If really can found a MATCH, is very good.


Thank you Parkamaya for inviting me and hope more activities is coming. Do remember invite me too for any other event.

Again, thanks everyone for reading. Any comment or feedback, please drop me a message. Please share to everyone too.

NOTES:
1. Don't nervous, cool down for few minutes and start introduce yourself.
2. Get their email or phone number if you liked he/she.
3. Be quick and ask the question you want too.
4. Say goodbye and take picture with your partner when ending.


For more information, click HERE.
Picture credited by Parkamaya < PARKA-MATCH (8th March 2014) >



2 comments:

  1. haha cool! your post reminded me the speed dating i attended few years back in KL too! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!!! Mean speed dating event have it long time ago. *just realize*
      So you found your perfect match? XD

      Delete